Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 5

Up early again - but not TOO early or not having to rush as much this am..we leave for the Grand Floridian at 8:30am I had booked a photoshoot thinking it was $25 - well that was if you "pre" order your CD for $99 2 WEEKS prior to your trip..well they didn't tell me that over the phone, just that I would pay $125 at the place. FINE that is what I was expecting, but then they would make the CD there and I couldn't have borders...WELL the big thing with that is to be able to add borders for more options...HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO so I paid 49.95 we were already there and planned on it...and then the CD will be $125 at home...so whatever we did it...and we I went back to get my stuff while the rest of the family got ready for breakfast they found a coupon for 20% off my CD...YAYYY that helps some!! at least getting it back down to the $100 I had planned on...anyway I got happier and we went to breakfast, since we were at the GF - I thought Breakfast with Mary Poppins would be fun!! I booked it last minute, but we all went and had fun!
Tanner wasn't so sure of the mad hatter, so he wouldn't get up there for a picture ;)

the carriage outside, while we waited for the car to be pulled up! Papaw couldn't find a parking spot so we Valet Parked the van!!
After breakfast we planned on a trip to Nasa...we had to hurry since Larry and Chris had tickets to see jeff Foxworthy at 10 and it was an hour drive...so off we went...hitting a bit of rain on the way...but it stopped for our NASA day ;) we talked about Fay abit...but I wasn't thinking anything would happenFirst thing we got on a 3 hr tour...the bus took us around the 144,000 acres of land that the Space Center sits on! First stop and watch tower, we could see far including the 2 launch pads...






2nd stop...to see the apollo...HOLY Cow this thing was HUGE... I think they said it was taller then 2 statue of Libertys...and as tall as 2 space shuttles as well!! a very cool site to see...this is just a small section...McKinlee got to to be an Astrounantsee a real space suit...and touch a moon rock...we walked around here a bit then off to the optional 3rd stop..the International Space Station Center...this also was cool, they were working on something although it wasn't actually going to be anything that went up onto the ISS - but still very cool...



we got to walk through the "living area" of them and look at the sleeping quarters...I think I read that an astronaunt has 73 cu feet of living space in it...compare that to 63 cu feet of "personal" space in an automobile...WOW - the gray thing on the left...the BED!!



This concluded our bus tour, so back the visitor complex we went...were we got to the see a real space ship...so in it and we also (well Larry, McKinlee and I) did the flight stimulator...it was cool I felt my cheeks moving - i thought the g force would be a little more, but it was still interesting..as we left they had pics of all the flight crews ever to go in space!! in bronze were the ones that didn't make it back! a great way to honor them!! Fallen Heros!!

We left NASA about 6pm...that way we could get back so the boys could leave...since the kids and I had time we figured why not go to the park :) I really wanted to see Fantasmic- as I got to thinking I really wanted to see Dreams as well at Magic Kingdom...so I figured Chris would rather see Fantasmic then the fireworks if he had to make a choice and since it was Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom we would do that...Tanner and McKinlee got a little nap in the car...and when we got to the hotel we got ready and left! 1st stop .. mail box...gotta get those post cards out ;)

then we wonder...of to adventure land...we didn't ride the jungle cruise yesterday so we go see the wait is 20 mins BUT the FP is as well...so we go ahead and FP it and go to check out Big Thunder RR, since both kids liked it so much yesterday...well it was a long line as well we wait about 5 mins and we can get another FP since Jungle cruise is so close to time...we go back ride the cruise and then head over to the castle...we actually get good seats and sit down and get ready...daddy calls to say he made it to the Hard Rock and we call Mammy to pass the last 5 min wait...then its off..and Tinkerbell Flys and the show begins...just beautiful to see the fireworks behind the castle...makes me feel like a kid myself...

After fireworks we head over to FP Buzz...then BACK to ride BTRR McKinlee was nervous about riding by herself, but actually didn't have to we all rode together!! the kids wanted to ride again but the stand by line was long again...you get spoiled by the FP, I tell ya!! Our Buzz FPs wasn't until Midnight (YIKES) but it was already 11:30 ...so we wait...we decide to ride Stitch's Great Escape, but it scared Tanner a bit and put him in melt down and he was ready to go...we stop at the coke shop for some corn dog bite and they have a room with cartoons, tanner settled down and ate some and decided he DID in fact wanna ride Buzz...so I told him we could - we stop for a pink castle picture, with the photopass guys...(we try for pink 3 different times, and each time as we get up to take a pic, the color changes) so we didn't get a full pink, but did get a 1/2 blue 1/2 purple one. So we ride Buzz and the kids are still raring to go..but I know any little thing would be a melt down so I decide its time to go!! Bye Bye Magic Kingdom, until tomorrow!

I didn't want to bug Chris I wasn't sure what time he would get home...LUCKILY while we were on the bus at 1am...he called and was at the hotel...THANK goodness..BOTH the kids had fallen asleep about 30 seconds after we got onto the bus!! so we walked down and carried McKinlee a bit until I couldn't hold Tanner anymore - then since she was technically awake McKinlee walked while daddy carried Tanner up to bed!! I am glad we got to go have some mommy time...they really enjoyed it and the fireworks were spectacular!!

No comments: