Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 1

I typed this backwards to be easier for you to read!! I am trying to remember but it has been a a few days now!! I hope you enjoy seeing part of our trip as much as we enjoyed being there.... I booked this trip back in February...then early summer - Larry and Elaine aka Mamaw and Papaw decide to join us...they had taken their Granddaughter early June and I guess they decided it was just to much fun!! so we added 2 days so that we could have more time with them, since Elaine works in an ISD and has to go to school a week early...I never know what I am thinking when I book flights..ok I do - the sooner I get there, the better...so I booked an 8:50 take off...not really thinking about rush hour...but oh well - Chris wants to leave at 5:30 I say 6 and we take off in the truck about 5:45am - it has started to rain and we stop for donuts at the gas station across the street it starts raining pretty good...MIND you - it hasn't rained here in FOREVER ...we decide to be safe that we would come home and get my van so the suitcases aren't soaked..we do this...and get BACK on the road at 6am ( i knew 6am was a good time) anyway of course it doesn't rain anymore...but better to be safe then sorry!! we get to the Park n Ride about 6:45...we figure that is easier then to disrupt people in taking us and picking us up...so we immediatly hope on the bus to take us over...

we get there and stop so Chris can smoke since he can't in my van - and the bus was literally WAITING for us to get outta the van ;)
we check our luggage and since we changed it...we had to pay the $30 bag fee..I mean seriously WHO goes on a vacation and takes NO luggage!! I mean COME ON..I see taking it from 2 bags per person to 1 - but to pay for the 1st bag...crap - so we check 2 and carry on like 4...but I will stop there that is a big soap box for me...we get through security quickly and are in the terminal about 1 hr before boarding! GOOD thing we didn't leave at 5:30 ...the kids both had a window seat and neither one took a nap...I think we were all to excited!

our wing seat view!! this is not my fave seats...but it is cool to watch on take off and landing!
at the Orlando airport we have to take a monorail to the baggage claim...
Mamaw and Papaw are waiting for us!! we have planned on going straight to Daytona...so Mamaw buys some beach towels for the kiddos...since we had NO room to back any ;) First things first though...Lunch at their favorite NOT in Texas location...Perkins...and then the 1 hour car ride to Daytona Harley Davidson shop, I think the BIGGEST ever...Tanner had just fallen asleep so he was a bit crabby but finally woke up some!!

This is way mamaw and papaw want next ;) Mckinlee says it pretty comfy too!!
Look at this cute Mini Chopper!! tanner really wanted to take it home *giggle*Then to the beach...it was about 5pm so Elaine, Chris and I decide not to put on our suits...but the kids and papaw do!! and they had FUN!!



OH.MY.GOODNESS..this was about waist deep for Larry...he took the pic, I did a fix all and HOLY COW...look at all those fish...we saw a lot flopping out of the water and a LOT of pelicans feeding as well...but YIKES it was fairly clear water, had I had a suit on, I would probably had freaked out!!I told Chris he needed a Henna tattoo...and everyone was excited..but as it ended it was only Larry and I that get one..so we had to get a picture of us..the cool Henna dudes
Since we had an early start and plan on hitting Islands of adventure, we head back towards kissimee, to Mamaw and Papaws rented house!! I tell ya, there are advantages to staying on site, but the amount of room and stuff in this house, it was QUITE nice!! we stopped at the publix and got dinner and some breakfast for the next few days!! here are a few pics of their house!


the garage was a game room and had a screened in pool and "hot tub" although it didn't get hot! All in all a great day!! we had a slight delay with our flight and the tow hitch or something...but our luggage was there, we didn't wait long...the kids were pretty good and we had fun! looking forward to the rest of our vacation!!





No comments: