Saturday, June 14, 2008

British Soccer Camp

Why is it that I chose *THE* hottest part of the day to sign the kids up for soccer!! mix that with a Monday Rain out...It was POURING rain at 5pm when we were suppose to be leaving, then completely sunny at 6pm - but it did rain a ton, so I was glad to have non-muddy kiddos...SO since these guys travel, we couldn't make up a day, but made up the hours -

SO instead of McKinlee going 5:30 to 8:30pm we were there 5p - 8:45p - Kudos to McKinlee for NOT complaining and to the coaches, they did this 9-12 and 5-9 daily!! Tanner joined in the festivities as well at Mini-Camp and he was so cute, he did his fair share of complaining though and after a bit, he would rather rough house then play soccer!! but the Coaches were awesome with him!! Anyway...I thought I was hot, and I just sat there on my big ol' bummy!

So, Like I said this was a british soccer camp!! OH man, I could just listen to them talk, and truthfully there were some things I was like, HUH?? One the first day they were calling Roll, and Tanner in British I guess is like "Tannah" and he was looking right at the coach...having NO idea his name was being called!! then the last day McKinlees Coach (Coach YamYam -pronouced by them "yum yum") was asking for something...still have no clue what he said - but he finally said "tape" I was like OH OK!! *bag* Chris came the last day and thought one asking for his "specticles" was pretty dang funny :)

OK back to soccer...The last day was "show" off day and the "World Cup". McKinlee and Chances were on team Italy... luckily our team got LOTS of points for spirit ( I don't think they scored a goal in any of their mini-games) - they made the littlest and biggest flag - McKinlee got best dressed...although she and Chance were all most the same except mckinlee wanted her arms painted so we painted a little on them. McKinlee also got camper of the week in her group he said she had good team spirit and always smiling...I was so proud of her!

whats that you say? this is no good w/o pics? well have no fear...I have some!! although my favorite 'playing' pics are on Kimberly's camera *sorry folks* but I do have some to share!!

McKinlee, Hannah and Chance on World Cup day
Tanner as the "tiger" chasing Coach Jackthe Mini Camp w/ coachesItaly - World Cup Champs 2008Tanner and Coach JackMcKinlee and Coach Yam Yam






No comments: