Monday, September 1, 2008

What a Week

I can NOT believe the 1st week of 2nd grade is behind us!! Completely Crazy!! McKinlee is really loving school and so happy that thus far she has NOT gotten in trouble with Chance and so they are still sitting together...that makes her super happy!! We had a small homework assignment to make a quilt square, I let McKinlee sew some Hannah Montana fabric, she did well, used my machine and sewed it like a champ!! I guess I really need to keep letting her, so she isn't 30 and just beginning - Like me!!

Tanner got to meet his teacher Thursday night, we got a class schedule and list of weekly Plans - on the way home McKinlee was reading it all to us...and Tanner started getting nervous, he didn't want to do all that (it looks like a lot, but they just change up the stuff a lot - keeping them interested - KWIM ; ) so we stop talking about it, we still have until next Tues before it actually starts!! Well he didn't sleep to well that night and woke up early Friday am...and was VERY upset that he didn't get to go to school!! SILLY!! To make him happy I told him he couldn't go to school because I needed him to help us pack we were making a quick trip to Granny's that night...

Which Brings me to a sad moment!! My Uncle has a daughter, that for the past 10 or 12 yrs has lived in New Jersey...McKinlee LOVES Jess to peices and has been SOOOO excited to see her more...not that we see her a lot, but it has been a LOT more then the few days a year!! Jess was having mom issues and moved here last February...and Finished school...well she went home to visit this summer and her and her mom really missed each other, and jess REALLY misses her friends - she will be a Senior this year...I can NOT imagine leaving my friends right before my Senior Year!! so she hopped on a Plane Sat Afternoon - heading back to New Jersey!! Jess we will miss you!! and I am really looking to save $$ so that I can come see you Graduate!!! and you can take me to New York!!

We came home Sat afternoon - Finish Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 (have I mentioned we are watching the whole 7 seasons, since Kimberly got us all hooked *again*) and pondered our Labor day plans, which tentivaly included going to see the Toadies at Possum Kingdom lake...*that will be a post later*
so that is the week in a quick run down...lots going on this week with Tanner going Back tomorrow...wish us luck!! Hope everyone has a save and happy Labor Day!

No comments: