Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dia De Los Toadies

If ever did I feel old - going to a rock concert, although I don't know why - I was NOT the oldest here BY far!! but I do love me some Toadies...so ya know - it is hard to believe they have been together so long...I think the first time I saw the Toadies they were with Tripping Daisy and Butthole Surfers!! Loved them...then the Edge Christmas Party a year later...then several more since then!! Sure there were some band changes and an attempt to start a new band...but they would always be the toadies!! but since becoming a mom, the days of concerts are long and far between!! Well Chris's brother Wes got a job with the Toadies a few years ago...I have been giving Chris and Wes a hard time that he is a roadie, but we get no perks ;) well that and last minute invites not so good with the baby sitting...SO we got to go to the Dia De Los Toadies...their first show at Possum Kingdom Lake...one of their most popular songs is that one!!


The show started at 3p with some simi-local bands...we decided not to get there TOO early but early...well we underestimated the time plus with a road closed and figuring out a detour AND with CRAZY ass parking that took us forever, because people are stupid and park like crap...we didn't get there until about 6ish - Toadies were to go on about 8:30 but Wes had to be back in the back the band before...we walk into this...


LOTs and LOTS of people...we had NO signal so we couldn't call Wes...but luckily I saw him over the crowd with Emily, his very cool GirlFriend. We went over got his attention and talked with him a while...he said he was going to let us get settled and they went behind the gate...Sky and I walk to try and get a 102.1 tshirt!




and watch the band for a bit... Lion's Den or something?? They were really quite awesome!! Chris even wanted their CD but we never got one :(
The lead singer...LOVED his shirt...Front said "where the hell is possum kingdom" Back said "In Texas you Dummy" LOVE it *hehe*
I looked over at Chris who waved me back, he then shows me some VIP passes **YIPPEE - Go WES** I was dreading the crowd..and the pushing and shoving doesn't seem so fun anymore!! So off I go to get some Beer *ssshhhh don't tell ;) * and behind the gate WE got to go! Chris and his brother, Wes.
Bands done, time for Wes to work :D - Emily and I took this time to go get some food, MAN oh man...the crowds were crazy!! sold out!! and I think they said they had like 4700 or so tickets!! and this place wasn't super big!! just WOW is all I can say!! we did make it back before the Toadies came on...BARELY!! but we did!!



Our View :D not so great a pic, the dusk dark and bright stage lights are so hard on a camera ;)


And the Crowd...see why I was happy NOT to be that!!!


They started with my all time fave FAVE song!! HappyFace...i just love that song they did most of the really fabulous songs and some off the new album...We all really had a great time!!


the very last song was, Tyler...of course probably the best song ;) and they crowd went wild...Sky and I wondered around to the front of the baracades for a minute...quite a bit louder on the front of the speakers then behind!! then the sheriffs were like no more, so back we went!! the crowd had been pushing the baracades so they had several guys holding it!!



Much fun was had...we got to see the Toadies, some people get sick, arrested, get stupid and more! worst part...the drive! we let the crowd die down because parking was a bitch...can't imagine all the drunks leaving..we left a bit after 11 and didn't pull into our driveway until right at 2am...that is a long night for this mama...but would I do it again, uhhhmmm well??? Hell Yes!!

No comments: