Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tanner's First Day of School

SUCH a bad mama I am! He has been in school 2 weeks now!! Ive been getting BACK in the swing of school...never a dull moment!! The Thursday before school they had a meet the teacher, Tanner was excited, but nervous...well we get there and he does ok - not to sure about new teachers new class, but there are a few friends that were familiar, that seemed to make it a little better.....UNTIL.....McKinlee started reading his syllabus (sp? -sorry) what they were going to do and what times and stuff..he started tearing up...we were in the car by now and mckinlee kept going...he started freaking out, "I don't wanna do all that" It did sound like a lot they move very quickly - they are only 3 going on 4! I tell her to stop and we go home eat dinner, mess around and off to bed.

The next morning, he CRIES - he is ready for school!! well we had 4 more days, Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon oh man!! That time fly's and Tues came...he was a bit anxious that morning but ok...my handsome little man...

We get to school and he is better, we had a few whines in the car, "are you going to leave" "yes tanner, but I will be back SOON I promise" "Ok, I will miss you" LOVE LOVE LOVE So sweet, he can be - when he wants to be!! So we get there and he is excited to pull his backpack in!! His Pirate was still in decent shape, so we didn't get a new one this year...
*THIS* is where the issues start...Last year they were allowed to come in and play...*THIS* year his teacher, Ms. Barbie, has an activity at the table...and while he LOVES playdoh - he didn't like that he couldn't do what HE wanted... **giggle** he has been going 2 weeks - so 4 days - and he will still tell me he just wants to play, he only like playdoh at home. Overall a great start!! to date NO tears, and that is a MUCH better time then last year!! He so needs this and so do I, while I do miss him when he is gone, oh the things I can get done!

1 comment:

Helen said...

He's so handsome! I'm a bit jealous though, I wish I got to play with Playdoh when I get to work. lol