Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Its over.....

Oh man, its been a bit and we have been in a whirlwind of christmas activities!!

McKinlee got out of school Tues the 18th, during that day was the jingle bell run! she was in 1st place for the girls in her class so she got a ribbon...then we had the class party...it was fun those kids are just great - we made an ornament, a bag for the goodies and they decorated a sugar cookie - that all with pizza way to much fun!! Tues was also Tanners last day - Kimberly took him thinking he wouldn't cry...nope wrong!! maybe after the first of the year when he goes 2 days a week that will stop... After School we had our Brownie party...the girls were all so tired..man oh man -

Wednesday we had a PJ day, even going over to Kimberly, Chance and Reese's house in our PJs. they kids made ornaments - then returned home for some rest and I got ready for a MNO with a group of FABULOUS women...I picked up Chel and we night a well deserved night out! the kids were with Kimberly, well McKinlee spend the night...Chris picked up Tanner - I came home to a sleeping household!!

Thursday we did some last minute shopping and Cookies at my moms - then went to a friends house for dinner - all fun and games of course!! ;)

Friday we went to the Polar express with Kimberly, Chance and Reese - meeting Marci and Madison...the kids had a blast singing on the train...and seeing Santa - although they rushed him through it was kinda sad!! we walked downtown grapevine for a bit that is such a great Christmas town!!

Saturday started Christmas's - we went to the Halpains - funny 2 years ago there were 3 kiddos and the boom happened - there are now 7!! and how much fun they all had!! tons of presents and lots of food!! Tanner got a Geo Trax, and transformers and McKinlee got a camera, gift card and Enchanted stuff!!

Sunday we had a small christmas with Chance and Reese they stayed with up while their parents went to the airport to pick up a friend! then off we went to Nannys to visit her for Christmas!!

Monday was Christmas eve - Chris took the kids to Alltex for some wire as he had some side jobs this week! I was suppose to rest, but I did some cleaning - took a shower...but after that I did sit and watch young and the restless until they got home! They got home I got Tanner to sleep and we finished cleaning the house...ya know just so the family and come and it get all dirty again ;) then we had Dinner and Christmas at my moms with my nana. I got my very own sewing machine - I was super excited!! I have been TRYING to learn ya know!! Tanner and McKinlee got lots of stuff - Disney Dollars, chairs, and more!! Chris got some shotgun shells and a new knife!! we went by a few houses to see christmas lights and come home at about 9:30pm to....................SANTA had CAME ALREADY!!!!!!!

Santa came early and left the kids a note...telling them he found our cookies and for them not to fight so much next year...he must have known we had a full Christmas day so took advantage and did most of our presents for each other then! the kids got way to much - I always say Im gonna NOT do so much, but then I always do! although I **DID** do a little better...a lot of what they got i have had for a while...I didn't spend to much in Nov/Dec - I got a brand new awesome pair of Crocs from Chris and the kids....I also got a GPS and some movies...Chris got the Jason Bourne Collection, a rodney carrington CD, and some odds and ins...the kids got Cars, HSM stuff - Camera's from Santa and more!! We rapped it up close to 11 - did some "re-cleaning" and off to bed!!

Christmas morning was somewhat relaxing - we slept in until 9:15ish - and then I had my sausage balls for breakfast, my mom makes me some as part of my christmas gift :) - the kids have honey buns and choc milk - I really enjoyed it...maybe Santa should come early every year ;) We started cooking and Family start coming about 11am...we had lots of family, lots of presents, lots of food and LOTS of fun!! We go personal gifts, Mckinlee got HSM Sing IT for the Play station - Tanner got a hot wheels case to hold 100 cars, we needed that!! Chris got some Cowboy PJs and some GC and I got a coach purse, a hair hilight GC, and a GAP GC can't wait go shopping, then we play White Elephant (Chinese Christmas) or whatever, lots of GOOD stuff and lots of Fighting over it ;) everyone was trickling out about 6pm and we went to Chris's mom for a bit!!

Today is the day AFTER Christmas and I must say I am somewhat excited and plan to be super lazy for a day or two...or maybe three!! hehe Last I heard the weather is suppose to be cold and i think it rained last night (I haven't been out and it is almost 1pm) so it great lazy weather!!

I think I have made this the longest blog EVER!! so if you actually read it all WOW!! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Looking forward to a Happy 2008!!
We had such a fun exciting busy Christmas - not that it is different!! we talked about Jesus and explained how he is the reason for the season...we talked about how blessed we are surrounded by family!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Awww! How fun!
Sounds like yall had a perfect Christmas! I miss yall! I am sick but when I am better, lets get together!

Dawn Endres said...

What a great Christmas!