Friday, December 28, 2007

A bit of History

Ya know, when you go somewhere like on Vacation, you look for things to do - history, museums, monuments...why is it when you "live" in a city forever you tend to over look those things you would seek out when traveling!!

I was telling Kimberly when she just moved her this summer, that i have never been to the 6th floor museum. So when her friend came to visit and wanted to go, she invited me to tag along!! I wasn't even a thought at that time, actually my mom was only about 2 yrs old - but I know the basic story, I know the controversy - and I have SEEN the building!! just never taken the tour - or seen the location from that famous 6th floor...and While history isn't my favorite - it was hard to hold back the tears standing there looking from the next window...Learning how YOUNG his children were, seeing the pictures of THOUSANDS that gather obviously a well liked man!! Seeing how beautiful Jackie was and realizing that she wasn't much older then me and to loose her husband and to be sitting right there when it happened!! such a horrible thing to happen to a city, something Dallas with always be known for!! We didn't make it to the grassy knoll, it was cold with a bitterly cold wind and Kimberlys baby was with us!!

Once home the kids and I made some stops at the store, had some exchanged to sort out...and we stopped and bought underdog and hairspray movie!! both are super cute and I got a DEAL on hairspray!! a "gift set" with a pink locker, stickers, tote bag, and 2 disc DVD - all for $25 reg. $49 - so with all disc/coupons I got that and underdog for $36 - I was excited!!

Chris has been working, but he is a super sweet hubby!! He got home and after a bit I went with Kimberly and her friend to see Sweeney Todd, Man I just Love Johnny Depp - he and Tim Burten are spectacular!! the reveiws I read today gave it a B+ ...saying that all was well and the cast was great expect Helena (whom I believe is the leading lady) although I beg to differ!! I thought she was awesome!! We went to Studio Movie Grill!! I forgot how much i loved that place, we need some cooler stuff here is Rockwall!!

Speaking of my awesome hubby...I got word of a sale LUSH is having...while I wasn't super impressed with 1 of my 3 bath bombs - I was wanting to get some more and a sale is even better....so since he was close to Northpark he said he would go get me some so I wouldn't have to drag the kids there!! what a keeper!!

not much else going on, we are still recouping from Christmas trying to take it easy some...play with all the new toys and keeping the house somewhat clean! Blog at ya later

No comments: