Monday, September 24, 2007

Wow, what an experiance..

Sorry for the short post last week...The other leader I was riding with called my cell phone...HELLO ... if you dont know me well, then let me tell ya- I *ONLY* answer that dang thang maybe 1/2 the time...hahaha

So anyway - we left friday after school to go to Bette Perot camp for Girl Scouts...We had several stops and finally got there about 7:30p just before dark - good too because it was SUPER dark there!! so we wonder around some, roast marshmallows for smores and head off to bed...the cabins sleep 8 and there was 6 of us and i was SO glad I had my sleeping bag with the fan on and windows open(no a/c) it was cool!!

Breakfast was at 7:15 - which wasn't to bad - no curtains the sun had us up!! french toast - yum although they ran outta eggs we got some of the last ones..hehe good thing we weren't late ;)

We were given a scavenger hunt to find places around the camp and then had horse riding at 10. Off we were, the girls were SUPER excited to get those holes punched at each location... then horse time came so we headed that way...after that crafts/lunch/swim/craft/dinner...we were B U S Y! ! ! ! ! Well the Pool or something gave me hives and so i got grouchy...we started to look for our LAST place on the scavenger...NOW we had looked for this place once already wondering about 10mins...so off we go again, we go to where we THINK it is and walk and walk and walk...then we get to a T...no signs and the light is getting dimmer...so we decide to forget it... Dang Alligator Pond. so we go to Flag Retiring and see the bon fire and sing songs and watch skits...mckinlee is super tired but wants to do the night hike...YEA RIGHT!! so she makes me walk about 5 mins up a hill, then decides well maybe i don't want to!! UGH but I wasn't gonna complain..so we went to the cabin get our stuff off to the "latrine" and then i realize my hives are YUCKY...but what can ya do...we go back to the cabin pack some and off to bed...

the next morning our breakfast wasn't until 9 am, but we have Kapar to sign up for(those are our chores) well we didnt realize we were signing up for a morning one...so we had to get there at 8am to "hide" the breakfasts - this was fun and the girls loved it...well during breakfast we find out...remember Alligator Pond?? well if we finish the hunt the girls get a special patch...we are soooooo close and the girls WANT to finish...and come to find out there is a GUIDED trail STEPS from our cabin - we never even SAW the sign...DANG IT..I mean we spent a good hour searching for it....mckinlee even had a nasty run in w/ a pointy vine that ended in tears...and bad momma was sooo tired I wouldn't/couldn't carry her which made it MUCH MUCH worse!!

On the GOOD side we found it!! and talked about IF there were alligators in it..??? we did find a blog saying it was...YIKES - we were REALLY close to that pond...but all ready to go it was very humid sun ... so we took a pic so they know we really did go..and off we went... DALLAS here we come... fun YES...do I want to go again, uuhhhmmmmm NO!!! well ok later...much MUCH MUUUUCH later!!

we got home and just lounged I was so tired and doped up on benedryl - mckinlee played she was ready to go after the car ride...but she was still in bed by 8!!

On a sadder note, chris's g-ma died Fri. we had the funeral today...I feel like such a horrible person, I think I met her twice...chris and I have been together 10 YEARS...married 8 and I can't say one thing about her really....this is his grandmother...well great. I felt like such a horrible great granddaughter in law...why didn't we make time for her...we new basically were she was...and then his Nanny was there today (nannys husband was this grandmothers son) anyway... Chris's granddad died on his 2nd bday...so nanny is alone, and only in garland...I feel so bad that we never have time to go over there...Life is short and you never know when someone will leave us...I pledge to myself that I will try MUCH harder to go visit!! I want my kids to know their family more than just a name. Sorry Nanny, we love you bunches!! Mamaw Reynolds - I am soo sorry I didn't get to know you better!! Im sorry that my kids never met your smiling face!

that will be my early new years resolution.... along with blogging to be able to look back on our life many many many years to come!! so someone call me in a few days, and say HELLO rena new blog please! because we have PTA, cici's night, school, girl scouts, work, life and other things that just keep me from thinking of it!

sorry this was long and if you read to here bless you!! you must be bored to pieces...what a true friend you are..LUV YA!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Sounds like a crazy camping trip! I bet McKinlee had a great time! I am sorry about the hives though! ARe you sure you didn't get into some poison ivy or something?
Tell Chris I am sorry about his Grandmother. :( And I am glad you will make more time for Nanny. You will all be glad you did! Plus, when you are in Garlad you can come see ME!! :D
I miss you. Lets hang out when I am better.
Love you!
Chel