Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Our South Texas Trip

well we have been on the move again...surpised?? hehe we went to S. Texas - My GREAT Grandmother, Barkie, lives in Ingelside...along with her daughter, Deloris and Granddaughter, Karyn. Tanner was a baby last time we went - so I decided it was time again to go! So, I talked my Granny and Grandpa into going...have I told you that I have the BEST grandparents around!! I just love them!! They put up with me and my kids and don't complain, much!! hehe
SOOOOO we get up early early Sat morning... REALLY Early, like 6:30 am...get to Grannys about 10:00ish...run a bit and back on the road about 10:30am...and by 11:30 McKinlee was already how much longer!! little did she now it was over 350 miles and so it would be a long day!! the kids played paper airplanes with granny and they were sooo giggly for a long time, who knew paper could be so fun!! ;) McKinlee also got a call from her BFF Chance, so that put a big smile on her face....
**incase you DON't Know, this will be VERY pic heavy!! We stop in Schenburg or something like that...Grandpa does NOT drive the interstate, which when i drive I hate, but riding no biggie - very senic and I love that!! I didn't get the camera out anymore, what is wrong with me??? We get to Ingelside about 6ish we attempt a hotel, not thinking it was Saturday at the beach...decide to go to Barkie's visit a bit FINALLY after calling about 50 hotels find one in Portland and leave about 9pm to get the kids in bed...not that they went to bed but I tired!!

So Sunday we get up get dressed and head to Barkies, with Beach plans following...Grandpa had stayed with Barkie to *try* and get some peace...we pack a small cooler and we head over ... After a bit of can we leave yet, can we leave yet ... we hop in the car drive over to Aransas Pass and board the Ferry to go over to Mustang Island...Tanner was not really liking the boat idea, as we has issues with water stuff...which is funny since after a bit he LOVES it...he did NOT want out onto the ferry until the VERY end and then he LOVED it!!!
We get to the beach.. and well - its very "sea weedy" or as Tanner said, "lots of Weed-sea" I had brought McKinlees New Petti skirt...and attempted some pics...

She wasn't into it at ALL, and with no place really to sit with out soaking I said, OK forget it...go play!!!! and so we did....

We buried McKinlee so then she said it was my turn, it was hard since the sea weed was so close to where the waves came up it would just wash it away as quick as you covered their legs...I had told her about a friend that made their child a mermaid and she wanted me to do that...
Also attempted a mommy/children pic - tanner not so interested...im basically holding his head up w/ mine! Granny came and had a little fun I hope! :)
We leave after a little over an hour since we are STARVING...we stop for post cards for our friends and then of course some pics in the shark it takes us 45 mins to get back across the ferry ... I had thought about coming back, have that not so much!! we go the McD's per Tanner's Request and back to Barkies a bit ..McKinlee watches some Cartoons on TV -Tanner takes advantage of Cars on my ipod *hehe*- Instead of the beach...we decide to leave to go to the P O O L at the hotel and then showers and bed early...as we planned on the Aqurium the next day...Tanner was asleep by 9:15p I think that was the earliest in MONTHS!!! Thank goodness, it gave me a few minutes of peace!!! we JUST got home and this is a bit of work, so day 2 will be later!! :)

2 comments:

Helen said...

I loved all these pics! Looks like such a fun, fun, fun time!

Laura Tilley said...

Oh Rena, i love the pictures, it looks like so much fun!