Saturday, May 10, 2008

Can you believe it!!

I am officially OLD!! my birthday was 2 days ago...and I am no longer a 20 something...that seems soooooo odd to me! but Hey, like the song, the Next 30 years will be the best years of my life!! My kids are getting older, we can have lots of fun!! I had a great Birthday - Both kids had school, so I went to lunch with some friends - Kimberly even shares birthdays with me! so that was cool! i got to scrapbook some and then that night Rachels Challenge... a bit on that...

Rachel Scott was the first student shot in Columbine. I can't believe that was 9 years ago! I remember being so sad, but know as a parent...I can not imagine - sending you child to school and them just not coming back - you take things forgranted - did you tell them you love them - did you kiss them enough...well went they get home - its just school, right?!?!? Seeing her dad and the 123,000 acts of kindness and compassion that was completed in the last year was very emotional for me!! both sides of the stadium was full and standroom as well!! a great turn out and a great birthday, if I can say so myself!! going out tonight with a group of great moms tonight to celebrate Marci, Christina and My next 30 years!!

Also, my brother turned 16 on Wednesday - yesterday he got his license...watchout Texas Travis can drive! We had dinner at Kyoto on Wednesday and then dinner at moms with some of their friends last night, Mom and I made Travis an IPOD cake, which is fitting since it was for me as well, and I got my first IPOD as my gift! :)

on the kid front...school is winding down we had teacher appriecation this past week - we did something everyday for the teachers and then a huge lunch on Friday - I got to go sit in McKinlees class for about an hour - I have so much fun, but man her class is CrAzY!! but it was mostly recess so not bad, tanner even went he LOVES those boys!

This week is Tanner end of year program - McKinlees Field Day and I am sure Im missing something...but those are the most important...maybe I will remember to blog on the desktop so I can share some pics with you! :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: