Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tanner and I got our 1st ambulance ride

;-P I am still a bit shaken up, and tears are coming easy just from the scare...but he seems fine and liked the ride...silly boy!! anyway ... the story...

oh man, what a day!! Tanner had a yucky cough last night / this am - by chance he lifted his shirt this morning sitting by me and I noticed he was breathing hard and the chest was caving, SO I was a bit worried, and normally this soon and quick and with no insurance I wait it out, but Ive always heard caving chest = NO good ... Dr got him in at 10:20

So we go back at 10:30 it didn't take them 5 mins to bring in the oxygen reader and nebulizer...they didn't like his oxygen level, so they gave the 1st treatment straight from on oxygen tank, and gave him a steriod shot...and took blood outta the finger, I was so proud...the finger stick he didn't even feel!! the shot on the other hand, she said it would HURT and he cried ;( anyway...they gave him part of the 2nd off the oxygen and back on the nebulizer ...well his oxygen dropped again...so they talked hospital...and with him dipping off oxygen they called an ambulance - and then gave him a shot of epi in his arm...unfortunatly they didn't wait to see if and when the epi would work, and they sent us on, he had a high White Blood Count so they were saying Pneumonia...

they took him off the oxygen on the way down, and the ambulance did his count and it was within normal, so he didn't have oxygen the whole ride, basically I could have saved us that ride...but whatta ya do?? he enjoyed the ride, we both rode on the stretcher so he felt safe!! he was nervous when the paramedics arrived!! But we talked about our cousin Price, who used to work there, actually our paramedics said they knew him...he felt a bit better, just wondered if THEY were going to give him a shot...

Get to childrens, everything is normal - thank goodness, they monitor him until 4pm to make sure if/when the epi was out of his system he didn't relapse..he has an "almost" ear infection - Dr said he did, Hospital pedi said it was fluid and could easily become and infection... Dr said his throat was red...Hospital said he had a puss pocket on his tonsils...neither he complainted about so that could explain the high WBC?!? His x-ray was fine...So we are home...nothing known, and no meds..well an inhaler for cough..i heard asthma a LOT today...but never had issues so we will be watching him and I am applying for CHIPs again...

Im ready for bed!!

4 comments:

Chrystyna said...

Oh wow! That would have scared me! I'm glad he's ok!!! Sorry that you don't have insurance and you'll have to pay for all of it :(

Unknown said...

so glad he is okay! I am sure the hospital will work with you. There maybe a program out there that you can use.

Holly said...

Wow! how scary!! Make sure you let the hospital know that you don't have insurance because they will work with you. if you call them and just say I am paying out pocket and we have all these other bills they should reduce it. My friend used to work for a drs office and she said they are allowed to write off bills. So hopefully you won't have a huge bill on your hands! So glad he is doing better! I hope he gets to 100% SOON!!! *hugs*

Marci said...

I keep meaning to comment on this. That is crazy...I bet you were so scared! I'm glad he's feeling better, and I hope the bill isn't outrageous - hopefully they'll work with you!